It depends on the interior decorator or interior designer and yes there is a difference!
For newer designers fees usually start around $75 per hour. More established designers charge $100+ per hour depending on expertise and location. Sometimes the designers decided to choose a flat (fixed fee or Cost Plus. You will have to find out from the designer during your conversation.
You can find designers through ASID. Interview a few designers. Ask them some important questions so you can make an informed decision.
Here are some suggestions from ASID:
* Inquire about the designer's education, training, experience, professional affiliations and other credentials.
* Ask about other services the designer can provide and what can be done to help you optimize your understanding of the cost of the project.
* Discuss project duration or deadlines and what the designer's availability is for taking on the project within the desired timetable.
* Establish parameters for updates and on-going communication between you and the interior designer.
* Discuss the designer's fee structure.
This page at ASID can give you a lot of good information on hiring a designer.
Is this answer helpful?